MovingPros - a free New Zealand moving company comparison website - did a study recently based on their stats and data since the start of the year.
See the graphic below:
Interestingly, MovingPros data shows 65% of Kiwis are fleeing from Auckland, which is apparently a hot topic in the media for the past 6-12 months - due to the house and real estate prices in Auckland.
The data collected (from 1,000 samples since the start of 2017) also revealed a few other interesting stats:
- 23% of Kiwis moving are heading to Wellington.
- 57% of Kiwis moving overseas prefer to live in Australia
- Only 7% of Kiwis are moving to Auckland - while 65% are fleeing from the city.
- 14% are leaving Canterbury
- 13% of Kiwis moving to Bay of Plenty